- Buying Guide
- 7 Best Bathroom Grab Bars for Elderly
- Grab Bars for Shower and Bathtubs Portable Safety Suction Assist Handles for Balance Seniors Children Injury Handicapped Set of 2 Non Skid Grip 12″ By EzOne (Health and Beauty)
- Moen 8912 12-Inch Grab Bar, Stainless Steel (Tools & Home Improvement)
- Moen R8924 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar, Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
- Moen 8732 Home 32-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar, Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
- Moen 8716 Home 16-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar, Stainless (Tools & Home Improvement)
- Moen LR8724D2BN 24-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar, Brushed Nickel (Tools & Home Improvement)
- Moen LR8716D3BN 16-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar, Brushed Nickel (Tools & Home Improvement)
A bathroom grab is an essential tool in any senior or elderly person’s bathroom. It makes one of the riskiest movements an elder may make – stepping into and out of their bathtub – a lot more secure. The potential for injury is great when a person is using a bathtub, as there are some times when you have to stand on a single leg, while using the other one to climb out or in. With a bathroom grab bar for elderly, you can be assured that the user will have support in the bathroom to rely on.
|Check on Amazon||EzOne Shower Grab Bars for Bathtub and Bathroom||9.1|
|Check on Amazon||Moen 8912 12-Inch Grab Bar, Stainless Steel||9.1|
|Check on Amazon||Moen R8924 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar, Stainless||8.7|
|Check on Amazon||Moen 8732 Home 32-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar||8.9|
|Check on Amazon||Moen 8716 Home 16-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar||8.8|
|Check on Amazon||Moen LR8724D2BN 24-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar||9.2|
|Check on Amazon||Moen LR8716D3BN 16-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar||9.3|
It is important that you know exactly what features to look for in order to make a successful purchase of a grab bar in the bathroom. While it may look uncomplicated and easy to choose, many people forget about or do not know of some specifications to consider about:
Permanent or temporary
Depending on your bathroom style, your agreement with your tenant and the time you think you are going to need a grab bar for, you may choose between a permanent and a temporary grab bar. Permanent shower grab bars have to be screwed in, while temporary shower grab bars can be mounted by suction cups.
Two stable surfaces
Some grab bars for elderly come as a set of two stable rods to hold from. Others only come as a single bar.
You should give priority to grab bars for elderly which are either ribbed or may from the surface which are not slippery, even when wet so that the user can get a good grip on it.
7 Best Bathroom Grab Bars for Elderly
#1 EzOne Shower Grab Bars for Bathtub and Bathroom
EzOne grab bar for seniors is a stylish plastic option to attach in your bathroom. The shower handlebars can be easily installed, without any tools, due to the suction mechanism of the device. All it requires is a clean and flat space on your bathroom wall. Just clasp the suctions on the wall, as firmly as you can, and then depress the clasp for the suction to attach. Once attached, the indicator light will turn green.
It comes with ribbed handles for secure grip, even when the hand is wet. Each bar measures eleven and a half inches and are four and a half inches apart. They are not supposed to carry the user’s whole weight, but can easily provide aid in standing to people weighing up to 300 lbs.
The company offers a solid return service if you are not satisfied with the performance or the quality of the grab bar. This should be convincing enough for you to give this product a try.
- No hardware for installation
- Easy to attach and detach
- Indicator light to ensure proper installation
- Hassle-free return if you are unconvinced after the usage
- Can be used by both seniors and juniors to guarantee a safe trip to the bathroom
- Not for painted or emulsion walls
#2 Moen 8912 12-Inch Grab Bar, Stainless Steel
Moen is one of the most reliable manufacturers of bathroom accessories. This 12-inch grab bar will give the user greater support and security in the bathroom.
This shower handle bar can support up to 500 lbs of weight. It is made of stainless steel and is extremely durable. The installation of the device is pretty simple due to the SecureMount design. It can be attached in any angle, making it super versatile for all kinds of bathroom designs. Moreover, the stainless steel body blends with most decors and will not stick out like a sore thumb.
The manufacturing and design of the grab bar meet the ADA specifications and recommendations.
Moen offers installation for this grab bar as well, but it is super expensive. The product is backed by a lifetime warranty, like all other Moen grab bars in the bathroom and should last for decades.
- 500 lbs of weight capacity makes it one of the most heavy duty bars in the market
- SecureMount for quick and easy installation
- Stainless steel construction for maximum strength and resistance against rust
- ADA specifications met to ensure the product has the best quality
- Limited lifetime warranty against any manufacturing faults or functional defects
- Not ripped for secure grip
#3 Moen R8924 24-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar, Stainless
Since Moen bathroom grab bars are so popular, it is no surprise that we have another model here on our list.
The R8924 bathroom grab bar is a 24-inch model. It is also made of stainless steel, which gives it protection against corrosion and wearing agents while providing superior durability. The grab bar is easy to mount on a wall due to the SecureMount technology used by Moen. There are no special external tools required and the device can be attached at any angle.
Each bathroom handle bar passes through quality control checks to ensure that you only get products that perform. The bar can support up 500 lbs of weight, which makes it ideal to be used by all people. It is very easy to maintain and clean, requiring only a wipe with disinfectant. Since it covers all ADA specifications, you can confident that the tool will perform as it states.
Moen offers a limited lifetime warranty for this product, covering any manufacturing faults and functional defects.
- 24-inches long body to provide lots of gripping space
- 500 lbs of weight support capacity, covering everyone – underweight, overweight and in between
- SecureMount for easy installation and clean finishing
- Durable and corrosion resistant body
- ADA specifications met to ensure the product has the highest manufacturing standard
- Lifetime warranty against any manufacturing defects
- Lack of designs or colors to choose from
#4 Moen 8732 Home 32-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar
Moen is a standout amongst the most dependable producers of washroom adornments and we have another product from its range of bathroom grab bars for seniors. The 8732 (32-inch long and 1.25-inch round) grab bar will give the user noteworthy help and security in the washroom.
This bathroom handle bar can accommodate up to 500 lbs of weight. It is made of stainless steel and is very sturdy. The attachment of the gadget is really straightforward due to the SecureMount technology, like in all other Moen bars. It can be joined to the wall at any angle, making it a great choice for a wide range of bathroom designs. In addition, the warm gray stainless steel body mixes with most stylistic layouts and won’t look out of place. The assembling and plan of the grab bar meet the ADA guidelines.
The item is supported with a lifetime warranty, similar to all other Moen items and should keep going for quite a long time.
- 32-inch grab bar makes it one of the largest available in the market
- Heavy duty in nature, with a weight capacity of 500 lbs
- SecureMount for easy installation
- Manufactured under ADA specifications for highest standard
- Stainless Steel frame to provide guaranteed sturdiness
- Limited lifetime warranty against any faults in manufacturing or during usage
- Can break while mounting if screwed in too tightly
#5 Moen 8716 Home 16-Inch Bathroom Grab Bar
The 8716 grab bar belongs to the same series as the 8732 but is 16 inches long instead of 32 inches. This series is one of the most popular ones by Moen and hence makes its place in this list.
The 8716 shower grip bar is made from stainless steel. This means that it is going to last for several years, due to its durability and rust-resistant properties. The grab bar is easy to setup and install due to the SecureMount system. It can support up to 500 lbs of weight. The manufacturing of the grab bar follows the specifications laid down by ADA and hence is of the highest standard.
Moen offers a limited lifetime warranty with this product.
- 16-inch body provides enough gripping space
- 500 lbs of supporting capacity makes it one of the strongest grab bars
- SecureMount for simple and clean installation
- Durable body to last several years
- ADA specifications met for maintaining highest standards in manufacturing
- Warranty against any defects during the building or shipping of the product
- Extreme screw tightening can crack the body
#6 Moen LR8724D2BN 24-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar
Moen’s designer shower grip bar is a great choice to match your high end bathroom. Many a times plastic or grey stainless steel grab bars do not do justice to the posh décor of a bathroom. With this brushed nickel grab bar, you can add a premium accessory next to your shower or sink.
The grab bar is 24 inch long and can support up to 500 lbs of weight, like most Moen grab bars. It is polished and will resist corrosion. It can be installed using the same technique like other Moen grab bars, due to the presence of the SecureMount technology.
It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- 24-inch long body for ample gripping space
- 500 lbs weight capacity to support most people
- SecureMount for quick and easy installation
- Warm brushed nickel finish for meeting the high standard of bathroom decor
- Made under ADA specifications for the highest standards
- Limited lifetime warranty against any manufacturing faults
- SecureMount not included
#7 Moen LR8716D3BN 16-Inch Designer Bathroom Grab Bar
Here we have another brushed nickel grab bar. This from the same series of Moen bathroom grab bars for seniors as mentioned above.
The 16-inch bathroom grab bar will bolster your toilet security and aid the seniors in moving in or out of their bathtub/shower. The grab bar supports up to 500 lbs of weight, which means that almost anyone can use it, without fear that the bar would collapse.
Due to the SecureMount system, the bar is pretty easy to attach on to the wall. Due to its stainless steel body and a nickel coating on top, the bar is corrosion resistant and will last for several years. It is made under ADA specifications and meets the highest standards of manufacturing.
- 16-inch long for easier gripping
- Supports 500 lbs of weight – heavy duty
- Meets ADA specifications for the highest standard of manufacturing
- Durable body to last several years
- Polished nickel coating to prevent corrosion
- Limited warranty against any manufacturing defects
- SecureMount not included
Seniors with any kind of mobility issues should have a bathroom grab bar installed in their bathroom. Prevention is better than cure and in this case, prevention can save the user from a serious injury. The bathroom grab bars for elderly listed in this article are of the highest quality and can be purchased with full confidence.