- Buying Guide
- 8 Best Toilet Frames Elderly can Use
- Vive Toilet Rail – Bathroom Safety Frame – Medical Railing Helper for Elderly, Handicap, Disabled, Seniors – Bariatric Assist Handrail Grab Bar – Adjustable Height, Padded Arms Fit Most Toilet Seats (Misc.)
- Stand Alone Toilet Rail by Vive – Medical Bathroom Safety Assist Frame w/Grab Bars & Railings for Elderly, Senior, Handicap & Disabled – Padded Handrails
- Medline Toilet Safety Rails, Safety Frame for Toilet with Easy Installation, Height Adjustable, Bathroom Safety (Health and Beauty)
- Drive Medical Toilet Safety Rail (Health and Beauty)
- Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail, White (Health and Beauty)
- Windsor Direct BKH-FE10P Foldeasy Toilet Safety Frame (Health and Beauty)
- Medline’s Guardian Toilet Safety Rail with adjustable height for bathroom safety, toilet assist, and grab bar (Health and Beauty)
- Carex Toilet Safety Rails, Toilet Handles For Elderly and Handicap, Bathroom Safety Aid and Handrail (Health and Beauty)
Toilet frames are one of the most popular accessories that are installed in the bathrooms of elders or people with a mobility handicap. While sitting on and rising from a toilet, seniors have to put a lot of pressure on their knees and joints. This can be painful and in some cases detrimental.
With a toilet frame around the commode, the user can put the pressure on the frame and take its support to rise instead.
|Check on Amazon||Toilet Rail by Vive||8.3|
|Check on Amazon||Stand Alone Toilet Rail by Vive||9.1|
|Check on Amazon||Medline Toilet Safety Rail||8.7|
|Check on Amazon||Drive Medical Toilet Safety Rail||9.2|
|Check on Amazon||Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail||8.2|
|Check on Amazon||Buckingham Foldeasy Toilet Safety Frame||8.9|
|Check on Amazon||Medline’s Guardian Toilet Safety Rail||8.5|
|Check on Amazon||Carex Health Brands Bathroom Safety Rail||9.1|
With an array of toilet assistance devices, choosing toilet support rails can be an intimidating task. But, here are some tips to help you get the best toilet safety rail that money can buy.
Some toilet support rails come with adjustable handles, while others have fixed handles. Some have a restricted width between both the handles, while others allow for adjustments. There are also choices available to pick between a padded handle and a non-padded one.
The weight capacity of the toilet safety arm is important, especially if the user is overweight. Most toilet frames can support up to 300 lbs of weight, while there are some that can even support as high as 350 lbs.
There are choices between steel, aluminum and plastic rails. Aluminum flip-up grab bars are the sturdiest and most durable, generally.
It is important to get toilet safety arms that have suction cups on the bottom or at least skid-resistant rubber cups. The toilet rail mustn’t wobble or slip during use.
Fixed or portable
Depending on your bathroom and your agreement with the tenant (if any), you can choose between a permanent toilet frame and a temporary flip-up grab bar. Generally, a permanent toilet safety bar is more stable and sturdy.
8 Best Toilet Frames Elderly can Use
#1 Toilet Rail by Vive
Vive’s toilet rail is one of the most popular ones on the market as of now. It can be used in all standard toilets. The height of the rail can be adjusted for the user, while the handle height is also customizable. The legs of the rail are capped to prevent slipping and any scratches on the surface. The rail is very sturdy, due to its aluminum construction, and can accommodate 300 lbs of weight. It doesn’t require any extensive installation or assembly. To ensure comfort during usage, the handles have been padded with cell foam. The toilet rail is very easy to maintain and clean, requiring only wiping with a disinfectant.
Vive backs this product with an unconditional lifetime warranty.
- Fits standard toilets; no special arrangements required
- Easy to set up and use
- Cushioned handles for comfort while using
- Capped legs to prevent chances of slipping
- 300 lbs of weight capacity; supports most users
- Aluminum body – anti-rust, durable
- A bit wobbly on the side
#2 Stand Alone Toilet Rail by Vive
We have another Vive product in the second position. The Stand Alone disabled toilet grab rail has a stable construction and can support up to 300 lbs of weight. It is great for sitting down or standing up after toilet usage. The freestanding toilet rail comes unassembled but is easy to get ready, without needing any external tools. Since it has an aluminum body, it is easy to maintain and will remain rust free. This makes it a great option for long-term usage. The handles are cushioned for comfort while rising up or sitting down, with the grip design to be non-slip for a guaranteed security. The toilet safety grab bar is 26.5 inches wide and 19 inches high, which allows it to be used in small, medium and large bathrooms.
Like all Vive products, this one too comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Supports 300 lbs of weight
- Quick assembly; no special tools required
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Corrosion resistant body to ensure long life
- Comfortable non-slip handles for a secure usage
- Versatile – use on the toilet, near the sink or in the shower
- Not convenient for tall users
#3 Medline Toilet Safety Rail
Medline is a premier healthcare hardware manufacturer. Its toilet rail is another trending option you can avail. In fact, it was the best-selling toilet frame for elderly of last year. Given Medline’s reputation, it is no surprise that this toilet rail is of high quality. It features adjustable frame size and handles, with an option of rotating back for easy access and leave. The handle is equipped with a cushioned foam and a grip-friendly polymer coating. The toilet rail can be used in all standard bathrooms. It is easy to install and does not require any external tools or experience. It can support up to 250 lbs of weight.
Medline provides its standard limited lifetime warranty with this product.
- Handles are adjustable; people of all heights can use it
- Rotating entrance for added convenience
- Cell foam armrests for a comfortable user experience
- Adjustable height to fit most toilets
- Easy to clean; requires only wiping with a disinfectant
- Weight capacity of 250lbs to support an average user
- Not a heavy-duty construction
#4 Drive Medical Toilet Safety Rail
Drive Medical is an American manufacturer of medical tools. Its toilet safety bar is a great choice for seniors who have trouble walking or need assistance while sitting. The tool comes unassembled, but can easily be set up, with no special expertise required. It is a simple and basic product, so does not come with premium features. Still, nonetheless, its high quality of manufacturing makes it a great option for patients who are looking for budget options. The handle of the toilet safety frame is padded and adjustable. It can accommodate up to 300 lbs of weight.
Drive Medical warrants this free standing toilet rail for a lifetime (limited).
- Simple assembly for quick setup after unboxing
- Padded handles for comfort
- Adjustable handles to meet the requirements of people with different heights
- Limited lifetime warranty against any manufacturing faults
- Not for elongated toilets
#5 Drive Medical Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail
If you wanted something more than basic from Drive Medical, check out their standalone toilet safety frame. This is a great tool for elders and patients who suffer from back problems, arthritis or mobility issues. This is a free-standing unit, meaning that it does not need any installation. It comes unassembled but can be put together without any tools. It works with both standard and elongated toilet seats. The handles are padded for the comfort of the user and come with an ergonomic design for convenience during sitting down and standing up. A sweet addition on the side is a magazine rack. This toilet frame for elderly can support up to 300 lbs of weight and hence is suitable for most patients.
Drive Medical provides a limited lifetime warranty for this toilet safety grab bar.
- Freestanding design no installation required
- Padded armrests for comfort during usage
- Easy assembly and no special tools required
- Convenient magazine rack to keep magazines, books, and other accessories
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs; can support most people
- Quality control issues
#6 Buckingham Foldeasy Toilet Safety Frame
Buckingham has introduced a folding bariatric toilet safety frame, which makes it a great option for users who are often traveling. It requires no modification of bathroom to work properly and is ready to start functioning right after unboxing. Due to its portability feature, the body of the toilet rail has a minimal design, despite being super curious. Once set up, the rail sits very nicely and balances the weight of the user appropriately. There are handles to aid in standing and sitting, with pads embedded on top. The height can be adjusted according to the user and the toilet rail can be folded very easily after usage. This bariatric toilet safety frame can easily support up to 350 lbs of weight, which is outstanding considering that it requires no installation.
Buckingham offers 1 year of warranty for any manufacturing faults for this product.
- Portable toilet frame; can be used on the go
- Lightweight design to complement the portable purpose
- No installation required to start using the frame
- Easy maintenance; wipe with a disinfectant
- Heavy-duty construction to ensure a long life
- No note-worthy cons
#7 Medline’s Guardian Toilet Safety Rail
Medline’s toilet safety arm support gives clients included steadiness while sitting down onto and ascending from the latrine. This non-intrusive toilet rail is perfect for anybody with constrained movement, steadiness issues, or recouping from a handicap. Setting up is simple and needs no external tools, as the aluminum body joins safely to the commode with the customizable height/width. The handles can be adjusted and turn back to permit an extensive variety of convenient and secure positions. Given its aluminum body, the toilet frame for disabled is quite easy to maintain and clean. It can take up to 250 lbs of user weight.
Medline warrants the product with a limited lifetime support.
- Supports 250 lbs of weight
- Adjustable height to meet requirements of people with ranging heights
- Adjustable frame for convenience during usage
- Width Adjustment for convenience during usage
- Easy assembly requiring no special tools
- Rubber hand grips wear off
#8 Carex Health Brands Bathroom Safety Rail
Carex Health is the last brand we are going to review in this article. Its toilet safety arm support is a great option for people who are suffering from mobility problems. The rail can easily be fitted in a standard bathroom and requires no installation. It provides very reliable security during sitting down and standing up in the toilet. The rail can even be used by the sink if required. The handles of the rail have been cushioned for comfort during use. The feet are capped to prevent any scarring marks on the floor and to give a secure grip to prevent slipping. Having an aluminum body means that the toilet rail requires minimum maintenance.
- Stand-alone design for ease of usage
- No installation required; start using right after assembly
- Easy assembly requiring no special expertise
- Durable body for longevity
- Carex warranty against any manufacturing faults
- Doesn’t fold and is not a good option to transport
- Foam in handle wears out
So now I have reached the end of this article. All the toilet frames for disabled listed in this article are of high quality and come from reputable brands. A toilet frame should be a top priority to have if you or your relative suffer from physical ailments or handicaps. Get one which is most suitable for your user and your bathroom.