- Buying Guide
- 9 Best Toilet Seat Risers
- Essential Medical Supply Toilet Seat Riser, Standard (Health and Beauty)
- Raised Toilet Seat by Vive – Portable Elevated Riser with Padded Handles – Toilet Seat Lifter for Bathroom Safety – Assists Disabled, Elderly or Handicapped (Health and Beauty)
- Drive Medical Premium Seat Riser with Removable Arms, Standard Seat (Health and Beauty)
- Drive Medical Elevated Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Padded Arms, Standard Seat (Health and Beauty)
- NOVA Toilet Seat Elevator – Elongated (Health and Beauty)
- Carex Health Brands Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Standard Round Toilets (Health and Beauty)
- Carex Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Elongated Toilets, Adds 3.5 Inches to Toilet Height, Sturdy Handles for Extra Support (Health and Beauty)
- Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms, Elongated (Health and Beauty)
- SP Ableware Tall-Ette Elevated Toilet Seat with Extra Wide Seating Surface and Legs (725881000) (Misc.)
People, especially ones of old age, experience different sorts of bone problems, one of which is joint pains. Simple daily activities can trigger joint and other body pains, limiting a person’s ability to do things themselves, resulting to their necessities of having assistance to be able to do things.
Today, special innovations are made specifically for this kind of common medical condition among aging individuals. One of these innovations currently available in the market is toilet seat riser. These are medical devices designed for allowing an individual with older age and limited mobility to safely use the restroom with the absence of assistance and the lessened pain. Elevated toilet seats make it easier for people to sit down and use the toilet as it increases the toilet’s height and helps prevent them from falling. It is also a great help, especially for those people who are having a hard time whether they are bending down or getting up. These also come in two shapes: round and oval; and has various heights: from a 2-inch toilet seat riser to a 5-inch toilet seat riser.
|Check on Amazon||Essential Medical Supply Standard Toilet Seat Riser||8.6|
|Check on Amazon||VIVE Deluxe Locking Raised Toilet Seat Portable Elevated Commode Seat Riser||8.1|
|Check on Amazon||Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Arms||8.7|
|Check on Amazon||Drive Medical Elevated Raised Toilet Sea with Removable Padded Arms||8.5|
|Check on Amazon||NOVA Elongated Raised Toilet Seat||8.5|
|Check on Amazon||Carex Health Brands Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Standard Round Toilets||9.0|
|Check on Amazon||Carex Health Brands Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Elongated Toilets||9.1|
|Check on Amazon||Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms||8.7|
|Check on Amazon||Maddak Tall-Ette Elevated Toilet Seat with Extra Wide Seating Surface||8.3|
There are a lot of toilet seat risers to choose from, however, it is kind of hard which one is suitable for your use. Fear not, this article got your back as we discuss the things you should consider before going to purchase one.
Knowing which elevated toilet seat to choose is a lot trickier than what most people think. Of course, to get the most suitable one for the user, he or she must be aware of the different specifications, properties or features of a toilet seat riser. It is very important to know these as these things are the one that will most likely tell you the choices you have from picking the right product for you. To guide you with the things you should look out for when buying a toilet seat riser, we have gathered together a few features for you to check on.
Most toilet seats are 2 inch raised toilet seats while others are 5 inch raised toilet seats. You should note that the amount of elevation you needed your seat to have for your comfort and convenience should be considered. Higher seats decrease the distance between you and the toilet, reducing the strain on the hips and knees when sitting and standing.
There are a lot of ways to make toilet seat risers secure for anyone’s use. Some are very thick and stable, having arms and locking clamps, designed for users with weak sense of balance, while others have simple or non-skid pads or are secured with Velcro straps. Your balance and stability are what determine the essential stability of the seat riser as these conditions may vary a lot (from the different style and security that manufacturers make) and depend on how the user handles himself.
The standard weight capacity of an average toilet seat elevator is up to 250 pounds. Keep in mind that weight of the user determines that best option for the seat riser. The heavier the user is, the higher weight capacity is needed for the seat to have.
An ideal toilet seat riser should be easy to put on and off the toilet bowl as not everyone in the house will find comfort when using the restroom with the elevated seat. It should also weight at least 4 pounds or below for easier usage in both indoor and outdoor toilets.
9 Best Toilet Seat Risers
#1 Essential Medical Supply Standard Toilet Seat Riser
The seat gives you the elevation you’re comfortable at while using your own toilet seat as it can be installed easily under your existing toilet seat with the provided long screws. It is also designed to fit a standard toilet bowl and provides the user an elevation of 3.5 inches.
- The brand is well-known for its quality medical and health-related products.
- The seat will fit standard toilet seats.
- It can support the weight capacity of up to 250 pounds.
- This elevates the seat 3.5 inches high.
- The seat deflates an inch or two when you sit on it.
#2 VIVE Deluxe Locking Raised Toilet Seat Portable Elevated Commode Seat Riser
This portable elevated seat riser is designed to provide its users the comfort and ease of use. The extra thick toilet seat gives off an elevation of 5 inches to make it simpler for the user to get on and off the toilet. Aside from the lightweight property of the product, it also has a strong molded plastic frame that provides extra stability and security for its users.
- This handicap toilet seat is designed mainly for the users’ comfort and convenience.
- It comes with padded handles.
- This provides the user extra 5 inches of elevation.
- Its quality materials give off stability and security for its users.
- The company guarantees people money back for people who are not quite satisfied with their product.
- The opening of the toilet seat is actually small.
#3 Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat with Removable Arms
This extra thick toilet seat provides you an additional of 3.5 inches to your toilet seat to lessen the struggle of bending to sit and get up. This is specifically designed for its users who have problems when it comes to sitting down and getting up from the toilet. It comes with a detachable and padded armrest with an easy push button for users to be able to release it easily.
- This elevated toilet seat can be easily installed without the use of tools.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- This toilet base riser can be easily attached to the toilet bowl.
- It is easy to clean.
- The product also has a lifetime warranty.
- The product lacks durability.
- The bolts that come with the package are too thick.
#4 Drive Medical Elevated Raised Toilet Sea with Removable Padded Arms
This toilet seat riser with arms is expertly designed for people who have difficulty sitting down and getting up due to joint pains and limited mobility. This innovation serves as a solution, security, and safety for its users.
The locking device is designed such that the product will securely fit on almost any toilet and will be easy and simple to operate.
- The product is lightweight, portable, and easy to clean.
- It provides the user an elevation of 5 inches of height.
- It comes with a removable armrest.
- The seat can be easily tipped off and can’t be locked in place.
- People have a hard time tightening it on the toilet bowl.
#5 NOVA Elongated Raised Toilet Seat
This elongated raised toilet seat adds an elevation of 3.5 inches of height to help people with difficulties in sitting down and getting up from the toilet bowl. The seat also bolts directly to the toilet for added safety and security. This can also handle a weight capacity of 300 pounds. The product was designed to allow the original seat and lid to be used.
- Provides 3.5 inches of elevation for users.
- The toilet seat can be installed easily and includes all the necessary hardware along with the package.
- The seat can handle a weight capacity of up to 300 pounds.
- The product doesn’t fit an elongated toilet.
- The product is not returnable.
- The seat might feel a bit unsteady.
#6 Carex Health Brands Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Standard Round Toilets
This raised toilet seat provides its users with 3.5 inches of elevation, making it easier for them to sit down and get up from the toilet. The seat also provides stability, safety, and comfort.
- This product fits most standard round toilets.
- It can be installed under the existing toilet seat.
- The raised seat elevates the toilet seat with 3.5 inches of height.
- The opening is quite small.
- The seat might feel a bit unsteady.
#7 Carex Health Brands Toilet Seat Elevator with Handles for Elongated Toilets
This elongated raised toilet seat elevates the existing toilet seat by 3.5 inches. The product promotes safety, comfort and additional stability for its users. Not only that, it also features easy to clean, sturdy padded handles to help users to use the restroom with less assistance.
- Its sturdy handles provide users extra support.
- The product can be easily installed under an existing toilet.
- Elevates the seat by 3.5 inches.
- The seat is unsteady.
- Cleaning the product takes too much time.
#8 Essential Medical Supply Elevated Toilet Seat with Arms
This toilet seat is easy to install under your existing toilet seat as it comes with hardware and installation instructions. It comes with detachable arms. These arms have grips that help users to get on and off the toilet much easier.
- It is easy to clean.
- It can fit to both standard and elongated toilets.
- The package comes with installation instructions.
- The arms aren’t adjustable.
#9 Maddak Tall-Ette Elevated Toilet Seat with Extra Wide Seating Surface
This elevated toilet seat with legs helps reduce the seat from sliding around. The aluminum legs are adjustable to fit your toilet height. The product has a weight capacity of 400 pounds.
- The product is obviously secure, stable and safe with its legs for maximum support.
- It has a weight capacity of up to 400 pounds.
- The seat also comes with an armrest for added support while sitting down or getting off the toilet seat.
- The elevated seat fits elongated toilets.
- This product doesn’t fit standard toilets.
We now have come to the end of this guide and the list of toilet risers to check out. We hope this article helped you in getting to know things about elevated toilet seats and gave you an idea of what it is and its purpose (if you’re new to the topic).
For people, who are healthy and full of energy, it is usually not clear why someone might need a toilet seat riser. But for those, whose loved ones are in a need of such an enhancement, look at it from totally different perspective. If you are the one who is in need of it, we are glad if this article helped you to choose the right toilet seat riser.