- Buying guide
- Advantages of using GPS trackers for the elderly
- Best GPS Trackers for the Elderly 2020
- Family1st GPS Tracking Device for Cars + Waterproof Magnetic Case – Hidden Underneath car. Mini GPS Tracker for Vehicles, Trucks, Fleet, Automobiles. 4G LTE Real-Time GPS, Monthly fee Required. (Sports)
- PRIMETRACKING Personal GPS Tracker- Mini, Portable, Track in Real Time – 4G LTE – SOS Button – Locator Tracking Device – for Kids, Spouses, Seniors, Pets, Cars, Trucks, Travel – Subscription Required (Wireless Phone Accessory)
- LandAirSea Sync GPS Tracker – USA Manufactured. 1 Year Service Included. 4G LTE Real-Time OBD Vehicle and Fleet Tracking Device. (Electronics)
- Spytec GL300 GPS Tracker for Vehicles, Car, Truck, RV, Equipment, Mini Hidden Tracking Device for Kids and Seniors, Use with Smartphone and Track Real-Time Location on 4G LTE Network (Electronics)
- Laxcido 3G WiFi Phone Call GPS Smart Watch, Real-time Tracking GPS Tracker Watch, Geo-Fence Elderly GPS Watch Touch Screen Camera Step Counter Kids SOS Alarm Anti-Lost Watch for Dementia Alzheimer’s. (Wireless Phone Accessory)
- Samsung SmartThings Tracker | Live GPS Tracking Via Nationwide LTE| Track Locations of Kids, Car, Keys, Pet, Wallet, Luggage, and More | Small Compact Lightweight 1.7 x1.7 in | White (Tools & Home Improvement)
- AMERICALOC GL300 GPS Tracker MXW (Electronics)
- LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker – USA Manufactured, Waterproof Magnet Mount. Full Global Coverage. 4G LTE Real-Time Tracking for Vehicle, Asset, Fleet, Elderly and more. Subscription is required. (Electronics)
Dementia and Alzheimer’s are common diseases that affect a larger number of seniors. They erase a person’s memory, making the familiar surrounding becomes unfamiliar. This state of mental confusion leads to wandering; a serious concern to many caregivers who worry that their loved ones may get lost or walk into dangerous places.
||Family1st 4G Mini GPS Tracker||9.5|
||PRIMETRACKING personal GPS tracker||9.4|
||Domesis Renu Leather Lift Chair Recliner||9.1|
||Spytec STI 2019 Model GL300MA GPS Tracker||9.4|
||Laxcido 3G WiFi Phone Call GPS Smart Watch||9.2|
||Samsung SmartThings Tracker||9.3|
||AMERICALOC GL300W Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker||9.4|
||LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker||9.8|
Thanks to innovation and technology, there is a new solution to address this issue of wandering and lost seniors. The GPS trackers have gone way down than in the past. They are no longer used for tracking stolen phones and vehicles. The technology has advanced, and the devices are used to track a person even if he/she doesn’t have a smartphone.
It is agreeable that tracking someone is no longer unethical when their safety is at stake. Everyone wants the peace of knowing that there loved one is safe. Also, it is true that no one wants to spend day and night looking for their lost seniors. For this reason, having a perfect elderly GPS tracker is essential. However, determining the best GPS tool can be a challenging task. A variety of GPS trackers in the market can be an option and also a source of confusion. For you to choose the best elderly tracker, here are 5 factors to consider:
The size of the GPS trackers matters a lot. Some are compact enough and can be moved to different locations. Because you need to track every move of your seniors, one that is portable should be your option.
Ease of use
The seniors are the most important people in our lives. Due to their old age, they tend to forget things quickly. A system with a user-friendly interface is your solution. It is essential for non-technical users which most elderlies tend to be.
The SOS button is the most crucial feature in the GPS tracker for the senior’s lives. The user can press this button in case of an emergency. Therefore, consider an elderly GPS tracker that has an easy to access the distress button.
Obviously, the primary use of GPS trackers is to track seniors’ movements but it should also be able to communicate to the appointed caregiver. To get the most out of tracking, you need a device that will issue instant alerts. One that will inform you when the senior exit safe zones, changes locations, or moves beyond schedules is vital.
The battery life can affect the tracking process. And because the seniors will not remember to charge the GPS watch for the elderly, you need to consider one with low battery alerts. With this, they can be notified to keep their device charged. Also, a battery that will last longer should be your choice. It will allow you to track each move of your loved one for long without going off.
Advantages of using GPS trackers for the elderly
Losing memory and forgetful is part of aging. If you are worried that your seniors may get lost, it’s time to consider an elderly GPS tracker. Let’s look at 4 reasons as to why this device is essential in our lives:
Monitor your seniors driving behaviors
Statistics prove that when one is at his/her old age, they are more likely to cause accidents while driving. This is why in most states there is an age limit for driving. And because it is not possible to always accompany the seniors, a high-quality GPS tracker is essential. It helps to examine their driving patterns and behavior.
In case of accidents, the GPS tracker will alert you on the exact location that your loved one is. With this, you can send an emergency vehicle before things get worse.
Receive alerts when the seniors take irregular routes
Seniors will tend to forget their regular routes, making them follow dangerous roads. This is where the GPS tracker comes in to alert you so that you can direct them to the right route or you can head over to where they are headed before they get lost.
Best GPS Trackers for the Elderly 2020
#1 Family1st 4G Mini GPS Tracker
This mini GPS tracker by Family1st does just about all the tracking you would want it to do. Whether you want to keep your vehicle, valuables, little munchkins, or aged seniors insight, this little gadget works just fine at a low $17.95 monthly subscription. Powered by a built-in rechargeable 600 mAh Li-Polymer battery, the Mini GPS tracker has the longest runtime at two weeks based on per minute motion updates and up to one hour drive time in a day. It connects on the high-speed 4G network to deliver real-time tracking and updates outdoor and through WiFi for indoor tracking.
Perhaps the only GPS tracker enabled with Alexa, the Family1st Mini GPS tracker features convenient voice interaction. Further, customize your tracker to receive up to 10 geofence alerts when the device enters/exits boundaries; speeding, late-night, and braking alerts in case you are monitoring your teen driver; or battery low alerts when its time to recharge. Also, you can create multiple trackers for your items or loved ones on one account which we consider quite convenient. At a price of $13.95, this is one of the most cost-effective GPS trackers to have in your toolset.
Coming in a slim compact design and a powerful magnetic twin casing with a 55 lb pull force, the mini GPS tracker attaches firmly and discreetly anywhere on metal surfaces on the underside of vehicles or valuable equipment. It will also give you access to both historical and real-time tracking reports.
- Extended battery runtime at two weeks
- Relatively low purchase price and one of the lowest subscription rate
- Enabled for indoors tracking using WiFi connectivity
- Lifetime warranty
- Works only in specific geographical locations in the U.S
#2 PRIMETRACKING personal GPS tracker
As people age, they develop an interest to want to start exploring but with their forgetfulness monitoring each of their movements can be difficult. Fortunately, with the development of PRIMETRACKING personal GPS tracker designed for the elderly, it can be easy to keep tabs on your seniors when they are miles away. They are specifically designed for seniors who are always on-the-go.
They are portable, making it easy to store in the vehicle, backpacks, or luggage. If you are a U.S. resident, this compact device is the best for you. It can track any location from your computer or tablet. This elderly GPS tracker provides instant updates. It is reliable and will allow you to see each movement of your loved ones. In case of an emergency, the seniors can press the easy to use the SOS button.
PRIMETRACKING GPS is not only for tracking the elders but also for children and business purposes. It is ideal for keeping employees honest and monitoring drivers’ speed and logistics.
- Real-time alerts and notifications
- Long-lasting battery
- Reliable customer support system
- Easy to use
- Works only in the U.S. and Canada
- Provides email updates only
#3 LandAirSea Sync Real-Time GPS tracker
The LandAirSea Sync system is a real-time GPS tracker. It is an ideal elderly GPS tracker for people who love traveling by private vehicles. This device does not require a battery to operate. It plugs into the vehicle’s OBD-ii port. It comes with an ATT sim card that has unlimited 4G LTE data access. The reliable 4G LTE GPS tracker for vehicles provides real-time location updates. It is accurate up to within six feet radius and will provide Geofence alerts.
It is suitable for businesses and families who want to track their vehicles. It incorporates a powerful internal GPS making it provide location updates as fast as once every 3 seconds. It has a powerful web-based silver cloud that makes it track one or hundreds of SYNCs at a time. Also, this feature provides a user-friendly tracking experience for all situations.
- No contracts or cancellation fee
- Real-time tracking via web-based software
- The tracking updates are as fast as 3 seconds
- Provides alerts via SMS or email
- Accuracy is within 6 feet of the unit
- Stores data in the cloud
- Ideal for domestic use only
#4 Spytec STI Model GL300MA GPS Tracker
Spytec makes the best tracking experience. The newly developed Spytec STI Model GL300MA GPS Tracker has a perfect 4G coverage. This makes it fast when it comes to providing updates. This GPS tracker for the elderly is the leading device in the market. It provides powerful real-time tracking because of its features. It comes with a sleek design and easy to use app which can be accessed on your phone, tablet, or computer.
It is an excellent device because of its durability. It has the best class battery, which can last for 2.5 weeks. It can perform for long periods without detecting low. Anytime your seniors exit the zones, this device will provide you with quick alerts. It uses cutting edge GPS technology to perform each task. Spytec STI GL300MA is small enough to fit in a bag. Also, you can easily attach it to a car, trailer, or a toolbox to get real-time updates.
- Less no charging hassle
- A good size to go everywhere
- Store your tracking data safe for a whole year
- Real-time tracking over the internet
- Phone, text, and email alerts
- The subscription fee is required
- Only compatible within the United States
#5 Laxcido 3G WiFi Phone Call GPS Smart Watch
Laxcido 3G WIFI phone call GPS smartwatch is a superb choice for personal safety. Although it is only for use in the US, you can contact the Laxcido Company and get a related version. It comes with a user-friendly SOS button to allow the seniors to press with ease in case of an emergency. This GPS watch is suitable for historical route track. It will allow you to view past locations in the last 3 months. Also, it will help you keep records for future reference.
The Laxcido 3G WIFI GPS Smartwatch is not only used for tracking but also communication. If you love taking photos, this device is the best for you. It has a camera feature to allow you to take high-quality images. It supports 3G network, making it work perfectly in the US. Laxcido is a multipurpose device. It is reliable, and you can use it as an alarm clock. In case the battery goes down, you will get alerts to recharge it.
- Comes in different colors
- Easy to set up
- Has multiple functions
- Reliable and provides real-time updates
- Excellent customer support
- Does not work well in many countries
- The battery does not last long as compared to other trackers
#6 Samsung SmartThings Tracker
A good and easy way to keep tabs on your seniors is by using Samsung SmartThings [SM-V110AZWAATT]. It is among the best GPS tracker for the elderly. It provides real-time updates nationwide. It has LTE, WIFI, and Bluetooth connectivity to allow you to monitor them when indoors and outdoors.
It is lightweight, making it easy to attach to a set of keys, wallets, and luggage. It is one of the leading durable devices due to its ability to resist bad weather. Being certified for IP68 water resistance and accident water submission, you will be sure that you are dealing with a quality product.
- Battery life lasts up to 10 days on a single charge
- Automatic notification alerts
- SmartThings app for Android and iOS
- Helps to monitor both indoors and outdoors
- The battery doesn’t last long like most trackers
- Requires regular reset before use
#7 AMERICALOC GL300W Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
Americaloc GL300 is a reliable elderly GPS tracker. If you’re looking for an all-purpose tracker, this device is a good idea. This GPS tracker comes with the ability to track vehicles, people, and assets. It is compact and small, making it easy to carry in your pocket, suitcase, or backpack. Also, it has a long-lasting rechargeable battery that lasts for two weeks (14 days). So, you do not have to worry about tracking disconnections due to low battery.
Americaloc GL300 is one of the few trackers with real-time alerts. The device will send updates after every one minute. If you want more frequent updates like after 10sec or 30sec, you can reach out to the manufacturer for settings. You can also track it using your PC, tablet, or phone. It comes with an Android and iPhone App, which enhances your tracking purposes.
- Suitable for all your tracking purposes
- A long-lasting lithium-ion battery
- Real-time tracking alerts
- Compact and small making it easy to carry around
- Monthly charges are a little high
#8 LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker
Are you looking for a waterproof GPS tracker? If so, LandAirSea 54 is the right choice. This elderly GPS tracker serves your personal tracking needs. It helps you to track your elderly members of the family, assets, and vehicles. The tracker allows you to track and monitor using Google maps and offers you real-time information using a SilverCloud App.
Also, it provides you with email and text alerts on the behavior of the person you’re tracking. Apart from this, LandAirSea 54 comes with an AT&T SIM card with unlimited access and unlimited data, meaning you will not worry about data bundle depletion. It has an ultra-compatible design, waterproof, and built-in magnet which enhances its reliability.
- It is 100% waterproof
- Ultra-compatible and in-built super magnet
- Applies geofencing and Google maps in tracking
- Fitted with AT&T sim card with unlimited data and access
- Only works in the US
- Delay in sending alerts when the tracked asset leaves the geofence
A GPS tracker will help you monitor your loved one’s movement. It can alert you of their location every second if you so wish so you can have peace of mind knowing that they are safe and that you can always get to them in case of anything. From our review of the best GPS trackers for the elderly, you will get vital information for selecting the best device. You will also get to choose from our list the best tracker for your loved one without having to hop from one seller to another. Always remember that the most important feature in a tracker is its ability to give you real-time information.