- Why do you need garden kneelers?
- Garden Kneelers buying guide
- Best Garden Kneelers 2022
- Garden Kneeler and Seat, Ohuhu Gardening Stool with Thicken Widen EVA Foam Kneeling Pad Upgraded Foldable Garden Bench with 2 Large Tools Pouches Gifts for Women Men Elder Gardener
As much as gardening is enjoyable, it can get difficult as we age. It suddenly becomes harder to reach those low-lying flower shrubs because of a bad back; you’re unable to kneel for long because of bad knees. Old age and injuries can make a once enjoyable activity quite unbearable. However, there is a way to prevent pain and love gardening again by using the best garden kneelers.
|Abco Tech Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.9|
|TomCare Upgraded Garden Kneeler||9.4|
||Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.5|
|SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat||9.3|
||XCSOURCE Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.3|
||Fitnessclub Deep Seat Garden Kneeler||9.3|
||Foldable Garden Stool Kneeler||9.1|
||COLIBROX Garden Seat Bench||9.1|
If you still want to enjoy your love for gardening, get yourself some garden kneelers. These are stool-like structures that are designed to help you enjoy gardening despite bad backs and bad knee joints. In this article, we will look at some of the best garden kneelers Amazon offers for you to get back on top of your gardening routine this summer. But first, let’s look into why you need a garden stool and how you can tell which one is the best for you.
Why do you need garden kneelers?
There are several reasons why you might want to invest in good garden kneelers. Here are 3 reasons:
For pain relief
Having arthritis or joint problems whether due to age or other reasons can restrict movement. If you have a backyard garden that you love to tend to, these problems can limit how much you tend to it. A garden stool has a padded surface that you can sit or kneel on. This pad is soft, relieving pain while keeping you close to your plants.
Garden stools come with multiple support systems. Their legs are steady so you can comfortably place your weight on them. This way you get support for your back or knees instead of bending down or kneeling uncomfortably on the ground. Plus, the legs of the garden stools are also strong enough to act as support when you need to stand.
Garden stools are highly portable and supportive. Since gardening is a good pastime activity, not many of us enjoy having to ask for help every time we need to move from plant to plant. A garden stool is light enough for you to carry to and from the garden. Depending on which one you pick, they are easy to assemble and disassemble. Furthermore, they have handles which you can use to get up. You do not need to bother people while tending to your garden.
Garden Kneelers buying guide
When choosing the right garden kneelers, here are some factors to always keep in mind. Everyone is different and you might need something specific that others won’t.
Size and support
The size of the garden kneeler you should get depends on how you are going to use it. A small stool may be light but it may be unable to handle your weight. Additionally, you might have less movement space on a small kneeler. Kneelers have weight limits so make sure you know which one will be able to carry your weight. This also goes for the type of support you will need. Garden kneelers with handles can act as a support when getting up.
The material used to make a garden kneeler goes a long way in determining its strength. Two common materials are high-density plastic and metal. A plastic garden kneeler is often light and weatherproof and you can leave it out in the garden for long without it getting damaged. At the same time, metal garden kneelers are strong even though they are prone to rust. Finally, you’ll want to base what material you get depending on how long you are going to use the garden kneeler each time.
Portability and storage
Garden kneelers for senior citizens should be easy to move. This is because if you have movement problems you do not want a heavy kneeler that you will need extra help with. A lightweight garden kneeler is the most ideal. You also want a kneeler that you can store without it taking up too much space. If you have limited storage space, you should look into getting foldable garden kneelers on Amazon.
Some garden kneelers come fully assembled while others need a bit of assembling before you can use them. You need to determine how much work you are willing to put in before using your kneeler. If you are not a professional or have trouble handling tools, then get yourself a kneeler that is already pre-assembled.
The best garden kneelers have more than one use. A good garden kneeler can double up as a stool. On one side you should be able to kneel between the feet of the stool. You can turn it over to access the upper part that is a stool. Versatile garden kneelers and seats are worth every penny. If you don’t want to lug around a toolbox, then a garden kneeler with a removable pouch is ideal to keep your tools within reach.
Best Garden Kneelers 2022
Here are our top 8 picks for the best garden kneelers out there.
#1 Garden Kneeler And Stool
This garden seat with a raised kneeling pad is constructed from both metal and plastic while the pad is made of EVA. This reduces the strain on your knees when you are kneeling. Also, the metallic frames make it capable of handling large weights without buckling. You can have your tools within easy reach thanks to the attachable pouch on the side of the garden kneeler. Additionally, you can use the metal frames as handles to support yourself when standing so you can easily stand without needing any assistance.
Despite the metal frames, this garden seat is lightweight. You can easily move it from the house and around the garden with ease. It is readily assembled and easy to set up. The foldable design means it takes up less storage space in the garage or kitchen.
- Side pouch keeps your tools within easy reach.
- Metallic frames can handle large weights without buckling down.
- EVA padding is comfortable to sit and kneel on.
- Foldable design makes for easy setup and storage.
- The raised kneeling pad is comfortable to reach when kneeling.
- The supporting frame around the pad is made of plastic and can break.
- EVA pad is not very thick.
#2 TomCare Upgraded Garden Kneeler
The TomCare Garden Kneeler is another foldable garden seat and kneeler. It is constructed from both steel and plastic. The steel legs make it sturdy enough to handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding. The seating pad features EVA construction.
You can easily unfold this seat when you want to use it. It is lightweight so you can easily move it around from place to place. After you are done using it, you can easily fold it back together. The foldable design means it does not take up too much space in storage. This garden kneeler comes with two removable pouches, one on each side. The pouches are large and can fit most of your tools. The kneeler pad is also raised so you do not have to strain when kneeling. Also, the steel legs can be used as handles when you need to stand up.
- Raised kneeling pad reduces knee strain when kneeling.
- Removable side pouches make it easy to store tools.
- EVA pad is comfortable to sit on and kneel on.
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and to store.
- Can handle large weights without folding.
- Plastic frames can crack when handling large weights.
#3 Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat
The Ohuhu Garden Kneeler is a foldable garden seat that you can easily unfold to use. It is pre-assembled, so you only need to unfold it before using it. It is made from a combination of steel and plastic. This makes it able to handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding.
The kneeling pad on this garden seat is elevated which makes it easy for you to reach low-lying plants with ease. It also doubles up as a seat when you flip it over. The seat/kneeling pad features EVA construction. This makes it comfortable to lean on. You can also use the steel legs as support when you need to get up. This garden kneeler comes with a pouch that you can attach to the steel handles to store your small tools within close reach. When you want to put it away, you just fold up the stool and carry it inside.
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and store.
- It handles up to 330 pounds of weight easily without folding.
- EVA pad is comfortable to sit on and kneel on.
- The knee pad is elevated to keep you from straining.
- Extra pouches keep your small tools within easy reach.
- The kneeling pad can fold when bigger people use it.
- The steel handles can rust after a while if left in the rain.
#4 SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat
This is another garden kneeler with a foldable design. It is constructed from a combination of metal and plastic. The sitting and kneeling area is made of a foam pad that is double-sided. It is soft to reduce any pressure that may cause your knees pain when kneeling. This garden kneeler is lightweight and compact – you can carry it around the garden without straining yourself. You can store it safely away without it taking up too much space in your kitchen or garage.
It comes with 2 removable polyester pouches that you can use to keep your gardening tools close to you. Additionally, it features a protector that protects the steel frames from scratching and having the paint chip away. This also keeps the legs stable even on slippery ground.
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and store.
- Lightweight and easy to move around without extra assistance.
- Pouches on either side keep your tools within easy reach.
- Protector keeps your stool stable even on wet, slippery ground.
- Pouches are small and do not fit a lot of equipment.
- Metal frames may bend if too much weight is placed on them.
#5 XCSOURCE Garden Kneeler and Seat
This garden stool from XCSOURCE has wider cushions that are made of EVA. This makes it comfortable to sit on and kneel on. The wide seat makes it easy to move around on in case you need to reach different sides of the same patch. The metal frames are sturdy and are stable when placed on the ground so you don’t have to worry about falling over when moving from one angle to the other. The garden stool can easily carry up to 300 pounds without folding. The foldable design is ideal for storage as it saves on space. It also makes it easy to move around with it whether from one end of the garden to the other or from the house to the garden.
You can fit 2 pouches on either side of the handles. This keeps your gardening tools within easy reach to avoid losing them or having to move around with bulky tools in your hand. The handles are sturdy. You can comfortably place your weight on them to act as a support when you need to stand up.
- Lightweight construction makes it possible to carry around.
- Foldable design takes little space when carrying it.
- Handles on either side can be used as supports when standing.
- Can handle up to 300 pounds of weight without folding.
- Pouches on either side can handle storing multiple tools.
- The seated area might feel too high for petite users.
- EVA foam pad might fold when left out in the sun.
#6 Fitnessclub Deep Seat Garden Kneeler
If you want a garden kneeler that is easy to use and has extra-large pouches, then this garden kneeler from Fitnessclub is the one for you. It features metal and plastic construction making it very sturdy. It can comfortably handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding or breaking. There is a double-sided foam pad that you can sit or kneel on when gardening, depending on your needs. The metal frames can be used as supports when you need to stand to minimize any straining and possible pain.
It comes with two extra-large pouches that you can attach to either side of the metal frames. These are made from high-density polyester fabric. The pockets are deep and you can fit your gardening tools as well as water bottles to use outside in the garden. Plus, it only weighs 5 pounds so you can easily carry it around.
- The thick double-sided foam pad is comfortable to sit and kneel on.
- Sturdy metal and plastic construction can handle large weights without breaking.
- Foldable design makes it easy to carry and store.
- High-density polyester pouches are long-lasting.
- Deep pockets can fit gardening tools and even water bottles.
- Foam pad may feel too hard on the knees.
- It may feel too high to sit on comfortably.
#7 Foldable Garden Stool Kneeler
This model by Garden Armour is a dual-functional garden kneeler that can be used both as a seat or a garden kneeler. It is sturdy enough to support up to 350 lbs. It’s built of a solid stainless-steel frame with two protective clips on each side of the frame to prevent it from slipping as you work. Plus, it has 1.5-extra-thick EVA foam, this garden stool is not just sturdy but also provides cushioned comfort for adults of all sizes when kneeling or sitting. Its seat measures 16×7 inches wide while the entire frame measures 23.6 inches wide and 11 inches high allowing enough kneeling or sitting space for regular adults.
Also included in its package are two canvas pouches, each with two large pockets to hold your tools, that attach to either side of the stool. The premium gardening knee pads are also included to keep your knees protected when kneeling on the rough garden floor during your yard work and a wide range of other outdoor tasks.
- It has thicker EVA padding for extra comfort.
- Protective clips to prevent the kneeler from slipping off or damaging your floor.
- Folds compact for convenient transportation and storage.
- Lightweight weighing only 8.58 lbs (3.9 kgs).
- Some users may find the knee pad a little too stiff.
#8 COLIBROX Garden Seat Bench
If you are looking for durability, function, and solid construction, the COLOBROX garden seat is the right option for you. This garden seat’s frame is made of steel tubing with a comfortable EVA foam on its seat and a four-pocket 600D fabric tool pouch that hooks on its side. Thus, it can support 300 lbs and makes it easy for you to get off or lower yourself to the ground by simply holding on to the handles. Use it as a garden seat or flip it over and use it as a garden kneeler.
- Lightweight and weighing only 5.7 lbs (2.6 kgs).
- Foldable for easy storage and transportation compacting down to 5 inches (12.7 cm) in height.
- Soft EVA pad on the seat.
- Durable construction.
- Narrow tool-pouch pockets may not fit larger tools.
- Plastic frame seat support is not sturdy enough for some people.
Garden stools are necessary equipment to have if you are an elderly or injured person who wants to still enjoy tending to their garden. They give you the support and help you need to carry out your hobby independently.
In this article, we have reviewed various garden kneelers Amazon offers. There are those made from plastic while others are made from metal, and there are garden kneelers with handles and those with legs that can double up as handles. Regardless of what you need, there is a garden kneeler for everyone out there. Pick one from our list and enjoy gardening.