- Why you need a garden kneeler?
- Buying guide
- Best Garden Kneelers 2020
- Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool – Multi-Use Garden Scooter with Seat – Rolling Cart with Storage Bin – Padded Kneeler and Tool Storage – Accessible Gardening for All Ages
- Step2 Garden Kneeler Seat – Durable Plastic Gardening Stool with Kneeling Cushion Pad, Multicolor (Lawn & Patio)
- TomCare Upgraded Garden Kneeler Seat Widen Soft Kneeling Pad Garden Tools Stools Garden Bench with 2 Large Tool Pouches Outdoor Foldable Sturdy Gardening Tools for Gardeners, Green (Lawn & Patio)
- SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat, with Upgraded Thicken Kneeling Pad and 1 Large Tool Pouch, Foldable Stool 330lb Capacity UGGK49L (Lawn & Patio)
- Fitnessclub Deep Seat Garden Kneeler and Seat-Folding Garden Kneeler with 2 Ex-Large Tool Pouches-Gardener Foldable Bench Stool with Kneeling Pad Cushion-Gardening Bench
As much as gardening is enjoyable, it can get difficult as we age. It suddenly becomes harder to reach those low-lying flower shrubs because of a bad back; you’re unable to kneel for long because of bad knees. Old age and injuries can make a once enjoyable activity quite unbearable.
||Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool||9.9|
||Step2 Garden Kneeler Seat||9.4|
|Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.5|
||TomCare Upgraded Garden Kneeler||9.3|
|Abco Tech Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.3|
|XCSOURCE Garden Kneeler and Seat||9.3|
||SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat||9.1|
||Fitnessclub Deep Seat Garden Kneeler||9.1|
If you still want to enjoy your love for gardening, get yourself some garden kneelers. These are stool-like structures that are designed to help you enjoy gardening despite bad backs and bad knee joints. In this article, we will look at some of the best garden kneelers Amazon offers that you should keep in mind this coming year. But first, let us see why you need a garden stool and how you can tell which one is the best for you.
Why you need a garden kneeler?
Having arthritis or joint problems whether due to age or other reasons can restrict movement. If you have a backyard garden that you love to tend to, these problems can limit how much you tend to it. A garden stool has a padded surface that you can sit or kneel on. This pad is soft, relieving pain while keeping you close to your plants.
Garden stools come with multiple support systems. Their legs are steady so you can comfortably place your weight on them. This way you get support for your back or knees instead of bending down or kneeling uncomfortably on the ground. The legs of the garden stools are also strong enough to act as supports when you need to stand.
Garden stools are highly portable and supportive. Since gardening is a good pastime activity, not many of us enjoy having to ask for help every time we need to move from plant to plant. A garden stool is light enough for you to carry to and from the garden. Depending on which one you pick, they are easy to assemble and disassemble. Furthermore, they have handles which you can use to get up with. You do not need to bother people while enjoying tending to your garden.
Size and support
The size of the garden kneeler you should get should depend on how you are going to use it. A small stool may be light but it may be unable to handle your weight. Additionally, you might have less movement space on a small kneeler. Kneelers have weight limits so make sure you know which one will be able to carry your weight. This also goes to the type of support you will need. Garden kneelers with handles can act as supports when getting up.
The material used to make a garden kneeler goes a long way in determining its strength. Two common materials are high-density plastic and metal. A plastic garden kneeler is often light and weatherproof and you can leave it out in the garden for long without it getting damaged. At the same time, metal garden kneelers are strong even though they are prone to rust. How long you are going to use the garden kneeler should determine the material you get.
Portability and storage
Garden kneelers for senior citizens should be easy to move. This is because if you have movement problems you do not want a heavy kneeler that you will need extra help with. A lightweight garden kneeler is the most ideal. You also want a kneeler that you can store without it taking up too much space. If you have limited storage space, you should look into getting foldable garden kneelers on Amazon.
Some garden kneelers come fully assembled while others need a bit of assembling before you can use them. You need to determine how much work you are willing to put in before using your kneeler. If you are not a professional or have trouble handling tools, then get yourself a kneeler that has already been pre-assembled. In this article, we have reviewed both types of garden kneelers and seats.
The best garden kneelers have more than one use. A good garden kneeler can double up as a stool. On one side you should be able to kneel between the feet. You can turn it over to access the upper part that is a stool. Versatile garden kneelers and seats are worth the money spent. If you do not want to lug around a toolbox, then a garden kneeler with a removable pouch is ideal to keep your tools within reach.
Best Garden Kneelers 2020
#1 Miracle-Gro 4-in-1 Garden Stool
This garden stool from Miracle-Gro should be your go-to piece for gardening. It only weighs 4.4 pounds. This makes it easy for the elderly and those with back problems to move it around. It is made from sturdy material, capable of holding up to 225 pounds of weight. On the outside, this garden stool is coated with UV protection. It is also weatherproof, so you can comfortably leave it outside in whichever weather. The garden stool has rolling wheels that make it easy for you to carry around. It also comes with a storage space where you can put your gloves and gardening tools.
The upper part has a comfortable stool that you can sit on while gardening. You can flip it feet-up to reveal a foam pad. You can kneel on this pad to work on your garden pain-free. The legs of the stool are sturdy and can act as stable supports when you need help standing up.
- Easily portable due to its lightweight and rolling wheels
- Versatile, allowing you to both sit and kneel on it
- Storage space with locking mechanism keeps your tools safe and within reach
- UV protection keeps the surface from cracking in the sun
- Can support up to 225 pounds without cracking
- It might feel too low for taller users
#2 Step2 Garden Kneeler Seat
The Step2 garden seat is guaranteed to make your time in the garden pain-free and more enjoyable. It is made with double-walled construction. This makes it sturdy. It is able to handle up to 300 pounds of weight without folding or breaking. You will need to assemble this garden stool but the good thing is that It only requires minimal assembly. It has a one-time snap-lock that makes it easier to put together. To make it easy for older people to carry it, this stool is light. It also has handles on the side for easy portability.
This garden seat can also be used as a kneeler. You just need to flip it around. There is a foam cushion that you can fit between its legs. This gives your knees relief when you need to dig the ground. You can also use the handles as support when you need to stand up from a kneeling position.
- Able to handle a lot of weight without folding
- Weather-proofed and can handle spending days out in the garden
- Minimal assembly makes it easy to use without requiring professional help
- Easy to transport because of the built-in handles
- Has multiple uses including being a seat and a kneeler
- The kneeling pad does not remain attached when used in the seating position
#3 Ohuhu Garden Kneeler and Seat
The Ohuhu Garden Kneeler is a foldable garden seat that you can easily unfold to use. It is pre-assembled, so you only need to unfold it before using it. It is made from a combination of steel and plastic. This makes it able to handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding.
The kneeling pad on this garden seat is elevated. This makes it easy for you to reach low-lying plants with ease. It also doubles up as a seat when you flip it over. The seat/kneeling pad features EVA construction. This makes it comfortable to lean on. You can also use the steel legs as support when you need to get up. This garden kneeler comes with a pouch that you can attach to the steel handles. This way you can have your small tools within easy reach. When you want to put it away, you just fold up the stool and carry it inside.
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and store
- It handles up to 330 pounds of weight easily without folding
- EVA pad is comfortable to sit on and kneel on
- The knee pad is elevated to keep you from straining
- Extra pouches keep your small tools within easy reach
- The kneeling pad can fold when bigger people use it
- The steel handles can rust after a while if left in the rain
#4 TomCare Upgraded Garden Kneeler
The TomCare Garden Kneeler is another foldable garden seat and kneeler. It is constructed from both steel and plastic. The steel legs make it sturdy enough to handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding. The seating pad features EVA construction.
You can easily unfold this seat when you want to use it. It is lightweight so you can easily move it around from place to place. After you are done using it, you can easily fold it. The foldable design means it does not take up too much space in storage. This garden kneeler comes with two removable pouches, one on each side. The pouches are large and can fit a lot of your tools. The kneeler pad is raised. This way you do not have to strain when kneeling. The steel legs can be used as handles when you need to stand up.
- Raised kneeling pad reduces knee strain when kneeling
- Removable side pouches make it easy to store tools
- EVA pad is comfortable to sit on and kneel on
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and to store
- Can handle large weights without folding
- Plastic frames can crack when handling large weights
#5 Abco Tech Garden Kneeler and Seat
This garden seat with a raised kneeling pad is constructed from both metal and plastic while the pad is made of EVA. This reduces the strain on your knees when you are kneeling. Also, the metallic frames make it capable of handling large weights without buckling. You can have your tools within easy reach thanks to the attachable pouch on the side of the garden kneeler. Additionally, the metal frames can be used as handles as a means of support when standing so you can easily stand without needing assistance.
Despite the metal frames, this garden seat is lightweight. You can easily move it from the house and around the garden with ease. It is readily assembled and easy to set up. The foldable design means it takes up less storage space in the garage or kitchen.
- Side pouch keeps your tools within easy reach
- Metallic frames can handle large weights without buckling down
- EVA padding is comfortable to sit on and kneel on
- Foldable design makes for easy setup and storage
- The raised kneeling pad is comfortable to reach when kneeling
- The supporting frame around the pad is made of plastic and can break
- EVA pad is not very thick
#6 XCSOURCE Garden Kneeler and Seat
This garden stool from XCSOURCE has wider cushions that are made of EVA. This makes it comfortable to sit on and kneel on. The wide seat makes it easy to move around on in case you need to reach different sides of the same patch. The metal frames are sturdy and are stable when placed on the ground so you don’t have to worry about falling over when moving from one angle to the other. The garden stool can easily carry up to 300 pounds without folding. The foldable design is ideal for storage as it saves on space. It also makes it easy to move around with it whether from one end of the garden to the other or from the house to the garden.
You can fit 2 pouches on either side of the handles. This keeps your gardening tools within easy reach to avoid losing them or having to move around with bulky tools in your hand. The handles are sturdy. You can comfortably place your weight on them to act as a support when you need to stand up.
- Lightweight construction makes it possible to carry around
- Foldable design takes little space when carrying it
- Handles on either side can be used as supports when standing
- Can handle up to 300 pounds of weight without folding
- Pouches on either side can handle storing multiple tools
- The seated area might feel too high for petite users
- EVA foam pad might fold when left out in the sun
#7 SONGMICS Garden Kneeler Seat
This is another garden kneeler with a foldable design. It is constructed from a combination of metal and plastic. The sitting and kneeling area is made of a foam pad that is double-sided. It is soft to reduce any pressure that may cause your knees pain when kneeling. This garden kneeler is lightweight and compact. You can carry it around the garden without straining yourself. It also means that you can store it safely away without it taking up too much space in your kitchen or garage.
It comes with 2 removable polyester pouches that you can use to keep your gardening tools within easy reach. It also features a protector that protects the steel frames from scratching and having the paint chip away. This also keeps the legs stable even on slippery ground.
- Foldable design makes it easy to set up and store
- Lightweight and easy to move around without extra assistance
- Pouches on either side keep your tools within easy reach
- Protector keeps your stool stable even on wet, slippery ground
- Pouches are small and do not fit a lot of equipment
- Metal frames may bend if too much weight is placed on them
#8 Fitnessclub Deep Seat Garden Kneeler
If you want a garden kneeler that is easy to use and has extra-large pouches, then this garden kneeler from Fitnessclub is the one for you. It features metal and plastic construction making it very sturdy. It can comfortably handle up to 330 pounds of weight without folding or breaking. There is a double-sided foam pad. You can sit or kneel on it when gardening depending on the need. The metal frames can be used as supporters when you need to stand to minimize any straining and possible pain.
It comes with two extra-large pouches that you can attach to either side of the metal frames. These are made from high-density polyester fabric. The pockets are deep and you can fit your gardening tools as well as water bottles to use outside in the garden. It only weighs 5 pounds so you can easily carry it around.
- The thick double-sided foam pad is comfortable to sit and kneel on
- Sturdy metal and plastic construction can handle large weights without breaking
- Foldable design makes it easy to carry and store
- High-density polyester pouches are long-lasting
- Deep pockets can fit gardening tools and even water bottles
- Foam pad may feel too hard on the knees
- It may feel too high to sit on comfortably
Garden stools are necessary equipment to have if you are an elderly or injured person who wants to still enjoy tending to their garden. They give you the support and help you need to carry out your hobby independently.
In this article, we have reviewed various garden kneelers Amazon offers. There are those made from plastic while others are made from metal, and there are garden kneelers with handles and those with legs that can double up as handles. Regardless of what you need, there is a garden kneeler for everyone out there. Pick one from our list and enjoy gardening.