- Factors to consider when purchasing a pilates spine corrector
- Best Pilates Spine Correctors 2021
- AeroPilates Spine Corrector Barrel | Used to Open The Chest | Correct and Restore The Curve of The Spine | Includes 20 min Workout DVD (Sports)
- SANTEPLUS FlexBarrel Whale – Spine Corrector – (Sports)
- balanced body Pilates Arc, Black Foam Step Barrel for Spine Health, Balance, Core Strengthening and Stretching (Misc.)
- Pilates Yoga Wedge Reformer Back Pain Relief Arc Step Bucket Back Curve Health Alignment of The Spine Large Spine Yoga Equipment,Black (Sports)
- Yoga Pilates Massage Bed,Spine Orthosis Pilates Spinal Deformity Cervical Correction Foam Kyphosis Correction Fitness Equipment Pilates Arc (Misc.)
Whether you are sporting, working out in the gym regularly, spending most of your time seated on your office desk, or doing yoga, you would want to consider taking care of your spine by stretching, doing core strengthening, or pilate’s workouts.
||Stamina AeroPilates Spine Corrector Barrel||9.5|
||SANTEPLUS FlexBarrel Whale – Spine corrector||9.7|
||Balanced Body Pilates Arc||9.3|
||Pilates Yoga Wedge Reformer||9.1|
||Yoga Pula Pilates Massage Bed||9.5|
The more serious cases like hunchback, postpartum or postoperative complications affecting the spine may require the intervention of a qualified practitioner to recommend the right exercise for your case so you do not end up injuring your spine the more.
Some benefits of pilates spine corrector for the body include:
- Improves bad posture
- Strengthens major muscle groups
- Improves body balance
- Enhances recovery during postpartum and postoperative periods
- Improves overall physical fitness
- Promotes weight loss
There are several types of exercises and equipment directed towards correcting and restoring the spine’s natural curvature including massage sticks, chair correctors, foot correctors, resistance bands, and Pilates spine corrector with the latter being the most popular. This is because pilates spine corrector exercises can be done safely by anyone anywhere and anytime. They are suitable for athletes, new mums, seniors, children, yoga enthusiasts, and sedentary individuals who spend most of their time in a sitting position as is with most white-collar jobs. The 80-years old Pilates exercises were specifically targeted at building muscle strength.
Factors to consider when purchasing a pilates spine corrector
Even before singling out any pilates spine corrector for sale in your local store or online, you need to first understand your specific needs. You may consider seeking recommendations from your gym instructor or doctor but ultimately, it boils down to make your choice based on the following factors.
- Most barrels will fit the average human height. However, if you are tall, check the dimensions of the barrel to make sure they match your requirements. You will, for instance, need a pilates barrel with a higher arc height, say, 10 inches (25.4 cm) and above. Also, consider the length of the barrel.
- Material construction. Pilates spine barrels are made from a wide variety of materials including hardwood, polyurethane foam, PVC, styrofoam, expandable polypropylene (EPP), and others. Their tops are typically lined with soft comfortable materials like PU, vegan leather, or pure leather. While hardwood is the most durable, it tends to be bulkier compared to the other materials. EPP is lightweight and considerably sturdy.
- Weight and weight capacity. For most pilates spine correctors, the weight it can bear will depend greatly on the material used in constructing it. Some pilates barrel correctors come with a detachable wedge which makes them more versatile. Secondly, others come with gently rounded edges for both the arc and the wedge. Still, others will come with shoulder cutouts which double as handles while others have dowels for handles.
Best Pilates Spine Correctors 2021
Thanks to the popularity and the effectiveness of Pilates exercises and spine corrector, pilates equipment has increased in popularity over the years. However, these equipment are currently being produced by all too many manufacturers that you may find yourself wondering which one is best for you. We feature the five best pilates spine correctors in our review. Here is what makes them tick.
#1 Stamina AeroPilates Spine Corrector Barrel
The AeroPilates Spine corrector is one of Stamina’s solidly built products that work well to rectify or align the spine back to its natural curve just like its inventor, Joseph Pilates, intended. This barrel features solid wood construction with polyurethane foam that is lined with vinyl to make it firm and cushy for comfortable workouts. With cast aluminum handles, you can count on this Stamina spine corrector barrel to support your weight without giving in. This also makes it pretty portable whenever you want to carry it from place to place.
Secondly, it is designed in a shape that accommodates different workout positions. Therefore, whether you want to strengthen your back, shoulder, abdominal, thigh, and leg muscles, you can still achieve your workout goals and ultimately provide better support for your back. It is wide enough at 27.5 inches (68.6 cm) and high enough at 13.5 inches (34.3 cm) to accommodate a range of human heights and sizes.
Included in its package is a 20-minute workout CD with 14 additional exercises to help you get started with your workouts.
- Solid construction with hardwood and layered with soft material to make it comfortable
- It features a simple design that suits several workout positions
- Might be a little small for tall and/or heavy individuals
#2 SANTEPLUS FlexBarrel Whale – Spine corrector
The FlexBarrel Whale spine corrector by SANTELPLUS features sturdy PVC construction with comfortable foam padding. It is designed with a low 10-inch arc height with a wedged lip for better back support. It is wide enough at 27 inches (68.6 cm) to suit different users of different body types. This spine corrector is lightweight at only 5.8 lbs (2.6 kg) and easy to carry around. However, it lacks handles which can make it a little less portable.
- Low arc height offers great comfort for delicate users and specific positions
- Lacks handles
#3 Balanced Body Pilates Arc
This pilate’s arc by Balanced Body stands out for its ergonomic design. It is designed with gentle shallow curves both on its 10.5-inch (26.7 cm) high arc and wedge. The wedge is detachable which extends its versatility in many ways to fit arms, shoulder, lower back, legs, feet, and spine workouts. It can also be turned upside down or used with a body reformer for core balancing and stability training. The three shoulder rest slots allow several positions and can double as handles when you need to carry it around.
Built with tough styrofoam and layered with black comfortable foam padding, this pilates spine corrector foam weighs a mere 4 lb (1.8 kg) but is quite supportive.
- Versatile can be used both with the base on the ground and facing up as well as with a body reformer
- Detachable wedge
- The arc height is not ideal for a tall person
#4 Pilates Yoga Wedge Reformer
This wedge spine corrector by Pilates is a great tool for a wide range of people with a wide range of needs. Whether you are a new mum from delivery, an office worker who sits all day, or a yoga enthusiast, this arc will help you to strengthen and condition your back, legs, feet, and other muscles to restore and better support your spine.
It is designed with a detachable wedge and three shoulder rest slots which also double as handles. Flip it on its backside and use it for core balancing and strengthening workouts. Most importantly, both the wedge and the arc are gently rounded to give you the comfort that you need during your workout.
This spine corrector is made of high-strength expandable polypropylene (EPP), which is durable and lightweight at only 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg). It measures 38x14x10 inches (97x37x26 cm) and will fit the average adult weight and body size.
- Detachable wedge and versatile
- Not the best option for tall individuals because of its low 10-inch (26 cm) arc height
#5 Yoga Pula Pilates Massage Bed
This is the ideal pilates spine corrector for scoliosis symptoms reduction, cervical correction, spine orthosis, kyphosis correction, fitness, yoga, and many other uses. Featuring a simple design with a removable wedge that attaches firmly to the arc, the Pula arc massage bed comes as a versatile option for stretching, strength training, and muscle tension release for almost all parts of the body. Both the arc and the wedge are smooth and gently rounded to ensure that you are comfortable and getting the most from your exercises. It is also compatible with a pilates reformer.
This black shiny pilates arc is made of tough EPP foam and is thus lightweight weighing only 3.3 lb (1.5 kg).
- Tough lightweight construction
- Detachable wedge
- You may experience some difficulty attaching and detaching the wedge
- Slippery on regular surfaces and therefore needs to be used with a non-skid pad underneath
As we have seen, pilates spine corrector benefits in ensuring that you maintain sound spinal health cannot be underestimated. Your physical fitness depends a great deal on your spinal health thus regular exercising will keep your health in check. The advantage of pilates exercises is that they are designed for all people at different stages of their workout journey. As long as you have an active lifestyle, you can never be too old for Pilates workouts. Finally, keep at it. Good spine health calls for consistency.