- Buying Guide
- 10 Best Handicap Scooters for Sale 2021
- (New Model) Drive Medical Spitfire DST 4-Wheel Travel Scooter Including 5 Year Ext Warr incl Batteries (Health and Beauty)
- BUZZAROUND EX Extreme 4-Wheel Heavy Duty Long Range Travel Scooter, Red, 18-Inch Seat (Health and Beauty)
- Luggie Compact Electric Folding Mobility Scooter – FR168-4(IT):
- Pride Mobility S74 Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter For Adults
- Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter (Health and Beauty)
- Drive Medical Phoenixhd4 Phoenix 4 Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter (Health and Beauty)
- EZ Rider Mobility CityCruzer Portable Travel Mobility Scooter,4 Wheel with Tight Turning Radius,Swivel Seat and Delta Tiller Basket,Electric Mobility Scooter Bundled with Safecastle Water Bottle-Red (Leather Bound)
- Ohuhu Around XL 4 Wheel Scooter – Buzzaround XL Four-Wheel Travel Scooter – GB146
- Shoprider Sunrunner 4 Wheel Scooter Color: Burgundy (Health and Beauty)
- Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride (Health and Beauty)
A handicap scooter is a great tool to help with mobility if you or your relative is suffering from physical ailments. With a handicap scooter, the user will feel independent and confident in his/her abilities. It can be taken anywhere, whether a person is visiting malls, going to the cinema or just moving inside the house.
To help you select the best handicap scooter for sale, I have curated this article. I will be teaching you how to pick a scooter which suits your requirements and then review the most trending models in the market.
||Scout 4 DST by Drive Medical||9.2|
||Buzzaround Ex Extreme 4-Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter||9.7|
||Luggie Compact Electric Folding Mobility Scooter||9.4|
||Pride Mobility Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel Electric Travel Scooter||9.5|
||Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter||9.7|
||Drive Medical Phoenixhd4 Phoenix 4-Wheel Heavy-Duty Scooter||9.5|
||EZ Rider – The RiderXpress RiderXpress 4-Wheel Scooter||9.6|
||Ohuhu Around XL 4 Wheel Scooter – Buzzaround XL||9.4|
||Shoprider Sunrunner 4-Wheel Personal Travel Scooter||9.7|
||Pride Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter||9.5|
So now let us see what you should look for when getting yourself or your patient an electric or motorized scooter for elderly:
Old person scooters are usually equipped with a speed range between four and eight miles per hour. This is the average range of speed of people walking on footpaths and hence is an ideal choice. Some scooters may go up to six miles per hour, while others can be limited to only three miles per hour.
Different scooters for old people come with a different weight capacity. Mostly these range from 220 lbs to 300 lbs. You might require a heavy-duty scooter if you need one to support a higher weight capacity.
This is important depending on whether the user is going to use the portable scooter for elderly outside, for long hours, or will just need to use it inside the house or in the society, for a short time. Some batteries barely last 5 hours, while others can stretch for up to 12 hours.
This depends on the size of the scooter and the person riding it. If the user is tall, it is better to get a low sitting scooter for old people, so that the user does not have any problem clearing low spaces.
Again, another important factor, depending on whether the user will ride the portable scooter for elderly outside or indoors. Generally, the turning radius can be as small as 35 inches or as large as 65 inches. Lightweight foldable mobility scooters or four-wheel mobility scooters are easier to turn around, compared to heavier scooters or 3 wheel mobility scooters.
10 Best Handicap Scooters for Sale 2021
#1 Scout 4 DST by Drive Medical
Drive Medical is a reliable manufacturer of medical equipment and hardware. This old people scooter is one of the most popular choices available in the market at the moment.
The Spitfire Scout 4 DST Scooter is the latest addition to Drive Medical’s range of scooters. It is a step-up type scooter and has a modern look. Despite being minimalistic in design, the scooter can do the tasks of a heavy-duty version. It can easily accommodate up to 325 lbs of weight and can be used consecutively for up to 15 miles. The battery is 20 AH and comes in a pair, already included in the package. There is an LED light installed on the front to allow the user to navigate easily during the dark.
What is unique about this scooter is that it comes with a DST technology, which stands for Drive Suspension Technology. With the DST installed, the front and rear suspensions have spring coils to absorb any shocks and give the most comfortable ride.
Drive Medical offers a solid 5-year warranty for this old person scooter.
- Quick disassembly for convenient transportation or storage
- 20 AH Battery for ample traveling time
- 15-mile total traveling distance; sufficient for the average user
- LED headlight for vision during the dark
- DST suspension for ultimate comfort and shock absorption on different terrains
- Non-marking tires to allow hassle-free usage indoors
- Comfortable seat to travel on without putting them back in an awkward position
- Customer service takes time to process claims
#2 Buzzaround Ex Extreme 4-Wheel Heavy Duty Scooter
Buzzaround might not be the most popular company but its EX scooter is quite a high-quality product. The EX is an upgrade on the older generation of the Buzzaround scooter. It is a heavy-duty ride, with all the features to make the user feel independent. The scooter has a wraparound Delta Tiller for secure usage. There is an LED meter gauge on the dashboard for the user to monitor and not face any sudden disruption due to a lack of battery. The battery set itself is quite outstanding (U1) and will give you a maximum range of 18 miles.
The scooter has been designed to give you a greater foot room and a convenient turning radius. If you need to pack the scooter and transport it, you can easily disassemble it with a few steps. Buzzaround offers a warranty for any manufacturing or functionality defects. It can be availed by contacting the company directly.
- Ultra-bright LED for a clear vision during night time
- 3-year service plan in case you do not want to pay full upfront
- A full-size vehicle which can carry people of most sizes and ages
- Comfort spring suspension for a bump-free ride
- U1 batteries for quicker charging and longer driving time
- No noteworthy cons
#3 Luggie Compact Electric Folding Mobility Scooter
If you are looking for an old people scooter that is perfect for taking along on the go, then this Luggie Mobility Scooter is a great choice. This scooter assembles and disassembles very quickly, with a “feather touch” design. It is one of the lightest mobility scooters and can easily be lifted to move around. Despite being light, the scooter can still accommodate up to 300 lbs of weight. It comes with a set of four wheels, which means that it is super easy to ride on it and maneuver it.
You can use it while staying indoors and outdoors, both. The tiller is moveable, so you can put it in a position that is most convenient for you. Due to its thin profile, the scooter can easily move around even in the tightest of spaces. All in all, this lightweight foldable mobility scooter is a unique product that brings together the flexibility of transportation without compromising on your security.
- Reverse capability for convenient driving – unique to this scooter
- 11 miles per charge lets you drive long distances
- 300 lbs of weight capacity to carry the average user
- Adjustable tiller for convenient usage
- Super light in weight, allowing for easier turns and quick movements
- Quick and simple setup
- No customer support out of UK
- Expensive replacement parts
#4 Pride Mobility Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel Electric Travel Scooter
Pride Mobility’s Electric Travel Scooter is a 4 wheel machine that produces professional-level performance in its operation and functionality. It is a feature-rich scooter and is ready to move around, both indoors and outdoors.
The scooter has a weight capacity of 325 lbs. This allows it to easily carry most people around. The tiller has a charging port to charge the 18 AH battery set, which can give you a maximum speed of 4.7 miles per hour. The ride can easily be assembled and disassembled, without requiring any special tools. There is a storage basket in the front for your convenience. The scooter is available in 2 attractive colors – red and blue.
- 2 sets of colored panels for personalization
- 325 lbs of weight capacity, sufficient to carry most users
- 4 mph of speed makes it ideal to drive amongst pedestrians
- 18 Ah battery provides ample juice to last several hours
- Stylish design gives a modern appeal
- Quick disassembly and easy to transport
- Not best for rugged terrains
#5 Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter
Pride Go-Go Ultra X is a 3 wheel mobility scooter. It comes filled with several features and functions. Some of the best features are innovative locking mechanism, quick frame disassembling and plug-n-play battery box. These allow the scooter to be easily transported to different locations and be used without any worry.
The scooter can support up to 260 pounds of weight, which is a bit on the downside. Usage wise, it is pretty easy to control using the joystick and the throttle. The seat is very comfortable and legroom quite space. The scooter comes with a solid 5-year warranty by VidaCura, which includes all the hardware and the functions.
- Several features to add-on to the driving experience
- 5 year extended warranty for any manufacturing defects
- Easy assembly/disassembly for storage and transportation
- 260 lbs of weight capacity, sufficient to carry the average user
- Flat-free wheels to ensure that the patient never gets stuck with a punctured tire
- Weight capacity not enough for overweight people
#6 Drive Medical Phoenixhd4 Phoenix 4-Wheel Heavy-Duty Scooter
Here we have another Drive Medical scooter. This one is a heavy-duty product and can be used on most terrains. The Phoenix scooter is simple to manage scooter. It is ideal as a first-time scooter or a replacement one. It can carry up to 350 pounds of weight, which is by far the largest weight capacity in the market. This is one of the lightest mobility scooters, despite being so sturdy, and can easily be disassembled, if need to be transported.
It can change color panels to blue or red colors, has a finger pull throttle mechanism, front LED headlight and flat-free tires. The seat is very ergonomic and its height can be adjusted to meet the rider’s requirement. The armrests can also be customized further for ultimate comfort. The scooter runs at a max speed of 4 mph and can cover 15 miles at full battery capacity.
- Quick and easy disassembly for convenient storage
- Headlight allows for use even during the night
- Carry basket to keep a mobile phone, book, etc.
- Height-adjustable swivel seat to ensure that the rider doesn’t have to sit in an awkward position
- Easy-to-adjust tiller for convenient driving
- Ergonomic throttle control reduces fatigue while driving
- Legroom is pretty small, especially for the taller riders
- Horn button in an awkward position
#7 EZ Rider – The RiderXpress RiderXpress 4-Wheel Scooter
The EV RiderXpress is a city scooter. It is a 4 wheel mobility scooter that promotes balance and stability. It is the single full suspension supported scooter in the whole market. This means that it can go over bumps and rough tracks, without causing discomfort to the rider. The scooter can support up to 300 lbs of weight. Since the height of the seat can be adjusted, the scooter is a great option for people who are tall. There is ample turning radius and the ride can easily be used in tight spots. On a full battery, it can travel up to 12.5 miles, which is quite sweet.
The scooter can easily be dismantled and put together, in case it needs to be shifted from one place to another. It has been designed to be ergonomic and durable, for maximum comfort and safety for the disabled rider. Other notable features include a basket in the front, flat-free tires and multiple colorways on offer.
- 4 wheels give stability and balance
- 300 lbs of weight capacity to carry most people
- Durable body and impact-resistant design
- 12.5 miles of coverage per battery charge
- Carrying basket to carry items and accessories
- Warranty against any manufacturing defects or functional faults
- Battery degrades quite quickly
#8 Ohuhu Around XL 4 Wheel Scooter – Buzzaround XL
The Buzzaround XL is a small scooter but does not compromise on its features or quality.
Since it has 4 wheels, the scooter is very stable and safe from falling. It offers large legroom for convenient riding and a small turning radius for greater maneuverability. It can be disassembled and reassembled very easily, without requiring any external tools or special experience. The 12AH battery is quick to charge and can take you as far as 8 miles on full capacity. The scooter is pretty easy to drive, even with one hand, which will let the rider free up and be less stressed. It can take up to 300 lbs of weight, which is pretty good considering the size of the scooter. In case of any problems with the usage of the scooter, Buzzaround offers a limited lifetime warranty to cover any faults.
- Wrap around tiller for an ergonomic driving experience
- Quick charging port to get the scooter on the move without waiting half a day
- LED headlamp for vision during night time
- Easy assembly/disassembly for transportation
- 12 AH battery for sufficient juice for a day’s ride
- 300 lbs weight capacity to carry most riders
- 8 miles of drive per full battery charge
- Quality control issues
#9 Shoprider Sunrunner 4-Wheel Personal Travel Scooter
In the last number, we have a folding mobility scooter review. Shoprider may not be the first brand that comes to your mind when you are thinking about purchasing a handicap scooter, however, this 4 wheel mobility scooter is one of the best models out there. Personal Travel by Shoprider is a motorized scooter for the elderly and can accommodate up to 300 lbs of weight. It comes with a top speed of 5 mph, which makes it one of the faster scooters in the market. Comfort-wise, the scooter has a deluxe chair with a swivel, to make getting on and off the scooter simple. The height of the chair can be adjusted which makes it a great option for tall people.
Other features include a spacious basket at the front, headlight for the nighttime, rearview mirror, flat-free tires, etc. It cannot be disassembled but can be folded. Shoprider offers a six-month warranty for this scooter, so you can check it after purchase and return it if you are unsatisfied with the performance.
- 300 lbs of weight capacity
- 5 mph speed while riding – one of the faster scooters
- Deluxe chair for a comfortable riding experience
- Adjustable height to allow taller people to sit conveniently
- Headlight for vision during night time
- Rearview mirror to aid during turning and driving in general
- Warranty against any manufacturing faults
- Cannot be disassembled, thus difficult to transport
#10 Pride Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
If your handicapped loved one is craving their independence then you know its time to get them a scooter specially meant for the handicap that can help them move around the home and even go grocery shopping across the street. This 3-wheeled scooter can easily maneuver tight spaces, hallways, and doorframes as well as sharp turns. And when traveling, you disassemble it up nicely to fit in the trunk of your car. It disassembles into 5 lightweight pieces. You can even carry the pieces by yourself, that is how lightweight they are. The heaviest is only 2.75 pounds.
With a top speed of 4mph and a driving range of 6.3 miles, this is a perfect choice for so many reasons. It is comfortable to ride in and it rides very smoothly on different surfaces. The seat is fully padded and is covered in a faux-leather for that extra comfort. The forward and reverse controls are easy to use and can hold up a weight capacity of 275 pounds.
If your concern is the height, well then, you can adjust the seat to accommodate your height as well as different sitting positions. Similarly, the armrest is padded and flips up for easy boarding and exiting. Super convenient, right? What’s, even more, is that it comes with a front basket so you can throw in your personal items like a wallet, phone, and the likes. Impressively, it comes with a free cup holder and saddlebag worth $55. However, this is shipped separately so be sure to inquire about it when making your order.
- Easy to maneuver in compact spaces
- Comes with a free cup holder and saddlebag
- Can be disassembled for easier traveling
- Padded seat and armrest for comfort
- One needs to be very careful when taking sharp turns otherwise it will land you down.
I have now reached the end of our extensive best handicap scooters for sale guides. I am sure that these folding mobility scooter reviews will give you a fair idea of what to expect and the things to look for. All the products I have reviewed in this list are of high quality, from reputable brands and among the best mobility scooters in the market. You can pick the one which best suits your requirements. Now you or your senior will not have any trouble making that visit to the grocery store or just moving around indoors, without being dependent on any other person.